Amidst the pandemic, many fitness enthusiasts resorted to cycling while the gyms and clubs were unavailable. Our bustling city saw a rage of budding cyclists influencing each other and establishing it as the best chosen sport during the pandemic. This four days’ expedition is a celebration for our cycling enthusiasts to inspire, continue and keep the motivation high.
Amrit Singh (Born on Oct 01 1991), a 30 year old from Patiala, Punjab, is a sensation in Indian Cycling. He was one of the members of the Indian Squad who qualified to represent India for the first time in the World Track Cycling Championship held in Australia in 2012.
Itinerary: Day – 1
- 12:00 PM: Journey begins in Palampur
Arrive at your resort in Palampur at noon and check-in to your rooms comfortably. The resort is 45 kilometers away from the Gaggal (Kangra) airport. Transfers from airport can be arranged at additional cost.
With thousands of tea gardens and beautiful deodar forests encircling the town, Palampur is a popular town of Himachal Pradesh located in the Kangra district. The city has stunning greenery with beautiful landscapes which creates a
mesmerizing experience. You will see vast tea gardens all over the Palampur and driving along with the scenic beauty of the Dhauladhar range and the slopes of the Kangra valley is unforgettable.
- 01:00 PM: An exclusive welcome lunch curated by an expert chef
Meet and greet your group while you enjoy an exotic Lunch. Palampur boasts of a spectacular view of the Dhauladhar Range, you will surely be delighted to enjoy the scenic beauty of the town.
- 03:00 PM: ‘Know your leader’ session, an orientation with your team leader.
- 04:30 PM: Short Cycling Trip through the tea gardens Cycling Distance: 15 Kms | Duration: 40-60 Mins
Get ready in your cycling gear for your first short ride through the serene tea estates and the bazaars of Palampur. This will be a cycling distance of 15 kms (till return to hotel) to acclimatize you with surroundings & weather.
- 05:30 PM: Arrive at a tea estate for high-tea.
Park your bikes and hike the tea estate for a Hi-tea. As Palampur prides of lush green tea estates, it's an experience to enjoy the high tea in the arms of nature while overlooking the tea garden.
- 06:00 PM: Cycle back to your hotel and relax for a couple of hours before dinner.
- 08:00 PM: Opening night dinner with live music.
Enjoy authentic cuisine in the vast starlit sky of Palampur. The entertainment bar increases with live band performance and your dance moves to groove along with it.
- 11:00 PM: Let’s wind up the evening a bit early and have a tight sleep before the actual adventure begins next morning
Meals: Lunch, High Tea & Dinner | Distance Cycled: 15 Kms | Elevation Climbed: 40-50 Meters
Itinerary: Day – 2
- 07:30 AM : Breakfast with a view!
- 10:00 AM : Journey flag off and departure towards Andreta Village Cycling Distance : 30 Kms | Duration : 2 Hour
You will cross the beautiful tea gardens and the local market. Distance from Palampur to our destination is about 30 kilometers. Most of the surface is paved and the route gets exciting with the views of the mountain ranges.
- 12:00 PM : Reach Andreta Village
Andreta is anything but another ordinary Himalayan village – it was a meeting point of some great minds in theatre, art and pottery in the last century and is experiencing something of a cultural renaissance again. Andreta also boasts about its Pottery which is the oldest pottery studio in India. Having said this, you will try our hands on learning pottery as well.
- 01:30 PM : Lunch at Mirage Andreta- ‘a true cultural immersion’
The lunch will be served at The Mirage Andretta. Built in 1948, the main house has a vintage feel. Dotted with black & white photos of a long gone era, it's the perfect space to soak in history. With amazing food over the table, indulge in a session with Mr. Danis where he talks about the culture of Himachal and the history of villages around dating back to the 1850s.
- 03:30 PM: Cycling Distance: 15 Kms | Duration: 1 Hour
Resume the journey back towards the Palampur resort for 25 kilometers. The journey will be broken into two parts and you will stop at Wah Tea estate about 15 kilometers before your destination.
- 04:30 PM: Wah Tea Estate tour and tasting with sommelier
Reach Wah Tea estate. Tucked away in the Himalayan foothills in Himachal Pradesh, the word 'Wah' means 'wow’ and a visit to the estate will hopefully elicit the same reaction! If you want to learn about how tea reaches from shrub to your tea cup, try your hand at plucking or learn to taste like a tea sommelier, this tour is designed for you. The tea tour is the perfect way to enjoy the beautiful setting of our rolling gardens at the foot of the majestic Dhauladhar range.
- 06:30 PM: Reach the hotel from Wah Tea estate and rest before dinner. Cycling Distance : 10 Kms | Duration : 45 Mins
Congratulations on completing the first long stretch of the journey which will be celebrated with a special themed dinner.
- 07:30 PM: Traditional Village Fireside Dinner.
The dinner tonight will be the most authentic traditional village experience in all of Himachal. You’ll experience a magical village nestled in the hills, a traditional village home lit up with lanterns, a beautiful sunset, folk music, an open bonfire and an authentic Himachali ‘Dham’ cuisine dining experience.
- 11:00 PM: Return to the property and rest overnight.
Meals: All Meals | Distance Cycled: 55 Kms | Elevation Climbed: 450-550 Meters
Itinerary: Day – 3
- 07:30 AM : Head out for expedition to Bir. Cycling Distance : 27 Kms | Duration : 2 Hours 30 minutes (till monastery)
The day starts at the break of dawn as you head toward a long 35km cycling trip to Bir. The breakfast this morning will be arranged en-route at a designated spot near Palpung Sherabling Monastery.
- 10:00 AM : Breakfast en-route & visit to Palpung Sherabling Monastery.
With a breakfast break at the monastery, you will resume for Bir and reach Moonshine Madness Café.
- 11:30 PM : Cycle from Sherabling Monastery to Bir. Cycling Distance : 8 Kms | Duration : 20-30 Mins
- 12:00 PM : Reach Bir for lunch
Nestled amongst the aesthetic natural bounties, Bir is a small village in Himachal Pradesh which is also known as the paragliding capital of India. A place so pristine, this village adds extra glitters and jitters to the beauty of Himachal. Bir is located at an elevation of 5,000 feet amidst the serene landscapes, snow-capped hills, and artistic temples.
You will stop here at the Moonshine Madness Café for lunch break.
- 02:00 PM: Cycle back towards Palampur. Cycling Distance: 35 Kms | Duration : 3 Hours
While cycling back to Palampur, we will set up challenges & tasks. Bring out the competitiveness in you as these tasks will test you to the core and the winners will be rewarded with accolades and gifts!
- 06:00 PM: Return to the hotel and enjoy the evening tea-coffee. Rest a couple of hours before dinner.
- 08:00 PM : Farewell dinner at the property.
We invite all of you to share your experiences; meanwhile the food is being served. With delicious cuisine & wine, we will together enjoy a long bonefire dinner to end the trip!
A few surprises are also there in this night to close the final chapter of the group journey with endless memories.
Meals: All Meals | Distance Cycled: 70 Kms | Elevation Climbed: 600 Meters.
Itinerary: Day – 4
- 10:00 AM – Breakfast & Check-out.
Post breakfast, prepare for check-out and departure for home with fond memories. We will provide assistance, if required for airport transfers at additional cost.